Linden Christian School’s assessment and relationship building program for students in grades 1 – 4 took place this past Friday and Monday. Strong Connections is designed to enhance the beginning-of-the-year bond between each teacher and student. Our teachers spent time in individual assessment, and students enjoyed small group projects and visits to stations around the school. The format of this individualized program provides an opportunity for teachers to extend and consolidate their understanding of each child and look towards a strong foundation for a positive teacher – child relationship throughout the school year.
On September 15 and 18th, students spent individualized time with their teacher, in group activities, and at the following stations:
- Library: relevant resource questions with Mrs. Inglis
- Playscape: teamwork and playground rules focus with Mrs. Sirant
- Crafts: focusing on Jesus’ love for everyone and personal uniqueness with Mrs. Hall
- Music: worship and our school song with Mrs. Johnson
- Zones of Regulation and student feelings with Mrs. Karr
Many thanks to our Early Years Vice-Principal Lorraine Kehler and Early Years staff for creating a safe, creative, and individualized start to the school year. We are confident that students and teachers began with a strong connection!
Back to news