Linden Christian Admissions
Celebrating a Culture of Excellence
Our focus at Linden is to provide a God-honouring educational experience for students from Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- We deliver the provincial curriculum and so much more as our students are motivated to explore and excel in the classroom. We are a young school, but our graduates are already doing exceptional things in their careers.
- We have exceptional teachers who mentor, guide, and nurture your child.
- Our walls are full of banners and pennants that represent the success we’ve enjoyed in athletics. Through sports, we build character and community. We also build champions.
- We help our students discover and nurture their artistic talents. Our music students compete successfully and perform frequently as their skills grow.
- Our students look beyond themselves. Through chapel and community service, students are able to embrace scriptural truth and seek to make a difference in the world.
Arrange a Tour
At Linden Christian School, we strive to:
- Provide students with tools, knowledge, and opportunities to succeed
- Expose them to extracurricular options so that they can develop new skills
- Give them access to expert instruction and a caring community
- Impart Christian values that will serve as a foundation for purposeful, meaningful lives
Come and see our school while classes are in session by arranging a tour. This can be done before or after submitting an application. You are also invited to attend an Information Evening. You will have the opportunity to meet our teachers and administration, and hear presentations from a select group of students. You will be given an overview of curriculum and school life at LCS, as well as receive a formal tour of the facility.
- an application form
- a current Report Card
- a copy of Birth Certificate
- a $50 application fee per student
- a current photograph
Please read the Linden Christian School Statement of Faith and sign the back of the application form. Because biblical teaching from a Christ-centred worldview is an integral part of a student’s education at LCS, each parent must read the Statement of Faith. Both parental signatures are required. Biblical teaching is integrated with the curriculum in a significant way and your signature(s) indicate your agreement to have your child learn these articles of faith on a daily basis.
STEP 3: INTERVIEW
Once an application has been submitted in its entirety, you will be contacted for an interview with either the Principal or Vice-Principal. Both parents should accompany the student for the interview. Questions are asked to determine the educational needs of your child, as well as spiritual and social aspects of your child’s education.
Following the interview, the decision will be conveyed to the family. If LCS is able to provide placement for your child, a letter of acceptance and registration package will follow.
STEP 5: REGISTRATION
The registration package contains a Registration Form and a tuition invoice. Completed paperwork should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office with the following:
- $75 registration fee (per child)
- $350 capital fee (per family)
- 10 percent of the annual tuition fees
- Balance of annual tuition in pre-arranged format, either post-dated cheques or pre-authorized payment consent
These payments reserve the student’s placement and are non-refundable.
Fees & Policies: Canadian
Download –LCS Tuition Schedule and Fees 2019
Application Fee (one-time, non-refundable)
$50 per child
Registration Fee (non-refundable)
First Time: $75 per child
Re-registration: $50 per child
Capital Fee (non-refundable)
A capital fee is charged at a rate of $350 per family. This fund allows the school to meet important needs of capital development. This fund helps offset one of the most pressing needs, the on-going need for technological upgrades.
2019-2020 Tuition Schedule, Canadian
Annual tuition fees for the 2019-2020 school year are listed on the tables shown below.
|Grade||Tuition per student|
|Grades 1 – 6||$4870|
Family discounts are available for families with two or more full-time equivalent (FTE) students attending LCS. The discount amounts per family are outlined below:
|No. of Students per family||Family Tuition Discount|
Charitable Gift Receipting for Portion of Tuition Fees
A significant portion of tuition fees is considered to be a charitable gift. This amount, which has ranged from 46 percent to 51 percent of tuition fees in previous years, is eligible for a tax credit in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency guidelines. The Capital Fee of $350 is fully eligible for a charitable receipt.
Registration After September 30, 2019
The school is not eligible for government support grants for students who register after September 30, 2019. Therefore, in lieu of this grant, a surcharge of $6000 will be levied in addition to the standard tuition fees. Tuition fees and the surcharge will be pro-rated to the portion of the school year remaining, with rates adjusted to the beginning of the month in which registration takes place.
Linden Christian School offers international students the opportunity to participate in a Canadian educational experience, supported by a strong EAL program. New Canadians that still require language support in their school experience also benefit from this program.
Linden has EAL teachers that are able to adapt curriculum goals and objectives to facilitate English language learning and transition to regular high school programming. Our teachers attend classes with students where necessary, assist with research and editing writing assignments, teach classroom curriculum as needed, and provide general support in adjusting to Canadian schooling. Participants work toward developing interpersonal communication skills, cognitive academic language proficiency, and subject-area knowledge, all of which help our students achieve success in regular Senior Years classrooms.
- Completed LCS Application Form 2019
- Certified translated copies of school report cards, current year and past school year (2 years)
- Passport size photograph
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or school principal
- Application Fee of $50, in Canadian dollars, payable to Linden Christian School (non-refundable)
- Read copy of the “International Agreement ”(see International Agreement 2019
- Read the Linden Christian School Statement of Faith and sign the back of the application form indicating agreement. Because biblical teaching from a Christ-centred worldview is an integral part of a student’s education at LCS, each parent must read the Statement of Faith. Both parental signatures are required. Biblical teaching is integrated with the curriculum in a significant way and your signature(s) indicate your agreement to have your child learn these articles of faith on a daily basis
STEP 2: REVIEW
The Application Package is reviewed by the Administration. If the Application Package is in order and Administration has assessed a capacity to meet student’s EAL needs, you will be presented with a letter of acceptance and registration documents to be completed and returned.
STEP 3: REGISTRATION
Upon receipt of a letter of acceptance, send the following documents, signed by parent(s) or guardian(s) and the student, to the address on the registration form, within two (2) weeks of receiving the letter of acceptance.
- Completed registration form
- Registration fee of $75 per student, in Canadian dollars and payable to Linden Christian School
- Capital fee of $350 per family, in Canadian dollars and payable to Linden Christian School
- Full tuition fee, in Canadian dollars and payable to Linden Christian School
- Copy of Study Permit, Visa documentation
- Copy of Birth Certificate
STEP 4: ARRIVAL IN CANADA
Upon arrival in Winnipeg, and prior to commencement of studies, students must report to the Registrar to:
- Present his/her original Visa, Study Permit, Birth Certificate
- All international/non-resident students must obtain health insurance to attend school. Registration will not be deemed completed until proof of medical coverage is received by the Registrar. As of September 1, 2018, international students studying in Manitoba are no longer covered by the Manitoba provincial health insurance program.
Fees & Policies: International
Application Fee (one-time, non-refundable)
$50 per child (Canadian dollars)
Registration Fee (non-refundable)
First Time: $75 per child (Canadian dollars)
Re-registration: $50 per child (Canadian dollars)
Capital Fee (non-refundable)
A capital fee is charged at a rate of $350 (Canadian dollars) per family. This fund allows the school to meet important needs of capital development. This fund helps offset one of the most pressing needs, the on-going need for technological upgrades.
Tuition Fees (Canadian Dollars) – International Students
|Grade||Tuition per student|
|Grades 1 – 12||$12,500|
Tuition Rate Adjustments – International Students
Any change in international or non-resident status during the course of the school year in which the student has currently registered, will not affect the tuition rate due as outlined in the original Tuition and Registration invoice. Tuition fees will not be adjusted to reflect any change from international or non-resident status during the course of the current school year.
Upon providing supporting documents evidencing a change, the student may apply for subsequent years at the standard tuition rate applicable to resident students. However, if our EAL Resource Department determines the student must continue to participate in the EAL Program, there will be an additional fee for EAL services, over and above the resident student rate. Tuition rates may be adjusted to resident student rates upon meeting the following criteria:
- Change of status to Permanent Resident
- Completion of EAL Program based on recommendation from EAL Resources
Re-registration for students currently enrolled at Linden Christian School takes place in February. Re-registration reserves the student’s place in the school for the following academic year.
Re-Registration – Canadian Students
The re-registration fee of $50 per student, accompanied by the capital fee of $350 and 10 percent of the tuition as a financial commitment toward tuition for the following year, reserves the student’s place in the school. The re-registration fee, capital fee and 10 percent payment are non-refundable.
Re-Registration – International Students
The re-registration fee is $50 per student. Full re-registration fees and 10 percent of total tuition are to be paid immediately upon re-registration and are non-refundable. The capital fee of $350 per family, together with the balance of tuition, are to be paid in full by June 1 (subject to the withdrawal and refund policies).
If acceptance occurs after June 1, the full tuition, full registration/re-registration fees and capital fee of $350 are to be paid immediately upon acceptance. Compliance with this payment plan confirms registration and placement in grade for which student applied. Linden Christian School is unable to “hold” grade spots for students that have not completed the full re-registration requirements by the specified deadline.
Statement of Faith
Linden Christian School provides a Christ-centred, biblically-based education. Biblical principles are taught in Bible classes to all grades and integrated across the curricula, in discussions, learning activities and in the general life of the school. It is important that parents are aware that as a ministry of Grant Memorial Baptist Church, Linden Christian receives spiritual direction from the GMBC Elder Group. Teaching on gender, human sexuality, relationships and marriage is from a Biblical perspective as outlined in Grant Memorial’s Elder Group Statement on Human Gender and Sexuality.
The Word of God
We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error as to fact as well as purpose in the original manuscripts, written under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three Persons, that these are equal in every Divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of Creation, Providence and Redemption.
God the Father
We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary expiating death for the sins of all people, bodily resurrection for empowering of the new life of all who believe, ascension into Heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal, visible return to earth. We believe that He was truly God and perfectly Human.
We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide. We believe He is God.
We believe that sin is falling short of the holiness and perfection of God; that it is rebellion against God. We believe that every person is a sinner by nature and by choice and is, therefore, under condemnation to spiritual death and eternal separation from God; that every person is in need of a Saviour from sin. We believe that Satan is a real entity who is attempting to lead mankind to further rebellion against God.
We believe that those who trust in Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit. We believe that they become a new creation in Christ Jesus. We believe that their faith in Christ gives them eternal life and the confidence of a place in heaven.
We believe that those who trust Christ as Saviour reveal God’s grace in their lives as they seek to live their lives according to God’s will as revealed in scripture. This is a response of love to God in view of His mercy and grace. Our acceptance with God depends on God’s gift of salvation through Christ rather than our own efforts to please Him.
Forms and Documents