School of Fine Arts
The School of Fine Arts (SOFA) offers expert instruction by gifted and experienced Christian music teachers. Our goal is to provide excellent and personalized music, theory and fine arts lessons, allowing students to grow their unique gifts.
- training in a variety of art forms reflecting high standards of artistic excellence;
- a Christian perspective on the role and functional usage of the art form in the life of the student;
- opportunities for the student to use his or her skills in local ministry.
The School of Fine Arts offers in-person private music lessons September to June at Linden Christian School. We offer piano, piano/voice combo, voice, violin, viola, cello, guitar (bass, electric, acoustic, banjo, ukulele) and drum lessons. In most years, groups lessons are also available.
SOFA instruction is available to all Winnipeggers, not just current LCS students.
Remote lessons are offered at any time throughout the year, including summer.
Lessons at LCS missed due to illness which qualify for make ups may be taught remotely.
Once registered, your SOFA teacher will contact you with a schedule prior to the first lesson. If you would like to register for lessons, contact [email protected] and registration forms will be sent via email.
Click below to read detailed Biographies and Credentials for each SOFA Instructor and to download the private lesson registration request form:
Private Music Lessons
Courses Offered: Piano, Guitar, Voice, Voice & Piano Combo, Theory, Violin, Cello, Viola, Harmony, History and Pedagogy and Drums.
Under the guidance of qualified Christian instructors, students receive private lessons that allow them to develop their musical skills, and to use those skills in a variety of ministry settings. Lessons are customized to meet each student’s individual needs.
Private music lessons are typically held once a week and are offered throughout the school day, before school, after school, and in the evening. Lessons are usually 30 minutes, but longer lessons can be arranged to meet grade or level requirements.
- Students may prepare for Royal Conservatory or Conservatory Canada exams.
- Students may participate in the Winnipeg Music Festival Competition.
- Students are encouraged and motivated by the many performance and ministry opportunities we provide: retirement home visits, the annual Musicathon, LCS chapels, and recitals in December and June.
Group Classes for Fall 2022
Introduction to Musical Theatre / Grades 2-4 / Instructor Margot Sim / $195.00 / Thursdays / 10 weeks / 4:00 – 5:00 pm / Starts September 22, 2022
Art Class / Grades 1-4 / Instructor Lisa Mendis / $420.00 / Wednesdays / 24 weeks / 4:00 pm – 5:15 pm / Starts September 21, 2022
Art Class / Grades 5-8 / Instructor Lisa Mendis / $420.00 / Tuesdays / 24 weeks / 4:00 pm – 5:15 pm / Starts September 20, 2022
Fill out the forms above to register and email [email protected] with any questions.