Linden Christian Admissions
Celebrating a Culture of Excellence
Our focus at Linden is to provide a God-honouring educational experience for students from Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- We deliver the provincial curriculum and so much more as our students are motivated to explore and excel in the classroom. We are a young school, but our graduates are already doing exceptional things in their careers.
- We have exceptional teachers who mentor, guide, and nurture your child.
- Our walls are full of banners and pennants that represent the success we’ve enjoyed in athletics. Through sports, we build character and community. We also build champions.
- We help our students discover and nurture their artistic talents. Our music students compete successfully and perform frequently as their skills grow.
- Our students look beyond themselves. Through chapel and community service, students are able to embrace scriptural truth and seek to make a difference in the world.
Virtual Information Evenings 2021
Summary of event:
Join us for our Virtual Information Evenings. Each virtual event will include: a message from our Principal and CEO Robert Charach – explaining the mission and vision of Linden Christian School, a look at school life encompassing faith, academics, performing arts and athletics, a tour of the school with the division Vice Principal, instructions for our application process, and a live Q & A. Discover an Education Built on Relationships!
Please sign up to receive a link to the Virtual Information Evening of your choice!
Questions about our Virtual Information Evenings and the application process may be directed to our Admissions Officer Joanne Ritchie at email@example.com.
Event date and time:
VIRTUAL KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION EVENING
January 21, 7:00 PM
A Virtual Information Evening focusing on our Kindergarten program at Linden Christian School.
VIRTUAL EARLY YEARS INFORMATION EVENING
January 28, 7:00 PM
A Virtual Information Evening focusing on Grades 1 – 4 at Linden Christian School.
VIRTUAL MIDDLE YEARS INFORMATION EVENING
February 4, 7:00 PM
A Virtual Information Evening focusing on Grades 5 – 8 at Linden Christian School.
VIRTUAL SENIOR YEARS INFORMATION EVENING
February 18, 7:00 PM
A Virtual Information Evening focusing on Grades 9 -12 at Linden Christian School.
Your Family’s LCS Journey Starts Here…
Thank you for considering Linden Christian School for your child’s education! LCS provides an excellent Christ-centred education that equips students to love and serve God. We look forward to getting to know you and your family. We are excited about what God is doing at our school as we partner and journey with parents to help each student achieve personal academic excellence and Christ-like character.
Step 1: Application Form
Application forms are available here and under our Admissions/Forms & Documents tab. Submit completed application documents to the attention of the Admissions Office by mail, email or by using the LCS Drop Box located outside the Main School doors (north side of the building) between 7:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, holidays excepted.
A complete application package will include:
1. $100.00 non-refundable application fee per applicant (fee is transferable for one year). Payment can be made via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, cheque payable to Linden Christian School or bank draft.
2. Current photograph of applicant.
3. Copy of birth certificate, passport or permanent residency card.
4. Copy of latest report card and high school transcript if applicable (not required for Kindergarten).
Step 2: Doctrinal Statement of Faith
Linden Christian School provides a Christ-centred, biblically-based education. Biblical principles are taught in Bible classes to all grades and integrated across the curricula, in discussions, learning activities and in the general life of the school. Acknowledgment of the Doctrinal Statement of Faith is required with signature(s) by parent(s)/ guardian(s) for the application form to be complete.
Step 3: Interview
Once the application has been received in its entirety, an interview with a Vice-Principal will be scheduled. Interviews for the following school year in Kindergarten will start in February/March and interviews for Grades 1 – 12 will begin in March/April after re-registration of current school families is complete. Both parents should accompany the student for the interview whether it be in-person or by a virtual platform of Google Meet or SKYPE.
Step 4: Acceptance
Once the acceptance has been confirmed by the Principal or Vice-Principal, the decision will be conveyed to you through the Admissions Office either by email or a phone call. If Linden Christian School is not able to provide placement for your child, the application is transferrable for one year.
Step 5: Registration and Tuition Payments
Once the student is accepted, the Admissions Office will mail or email a letter of acceptance and registration package. This package will include registration documents to complete as well as the Tuition Invoice. Completed paperwork must be returned within 2 weeks to the Admissions Office together with:
1. $350.00 non-refundable capital fee per family.
2. 10% of the annual tuition fees.
3. Balance of the year’s tuition in pre-arranged format (either post-dated cheques or pre-authorized payment consent). These payments reserve the student’s placement in the school. Please refer to the tuition fee schedule for more information.
Tuition Fees: Canadian
Linden Christian School offers international students the opportunity to participate in a Canadian educational experience, supported by a strong EAL program. New Canadians that still require language support in their school experience also benefit from this program.
Linden has EAL teachers that are able to adapt curriculum goals and objectives to facilitate English language learning and transition to regular high school programming. Our teachers attend classes with students where necessary, assist with research and editing writing assignments, teach classroom curriculum as needed, and provide general support in adjusting to Canadian schooling. Participants work toward developing interpersonal communication skills, cognitive academic language proficiency, and subject-area knowledge, all of which help our students achieve success in regular Senior Years classrooms.
Complete the International Application Form 2021-2022.
- Certified translated copies of school report cards, current year and past school year (2 years)
- Passport size photograph
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or school principal
- Application Fee of $200, in Canadian dollars, payable to Linden Christian School (non-refundable)
- Read the copy of the “International Agreement ”(see International Agreement 2020).
- Read and sign the Linden Christian School Doctrinal Statement of Faith indicating agreement. Because biblical teaching from a Christ-centred worldview is an integral part of a student’s education at LCS, each parent must read the Statement of Faith. Both parental signatures are required. Biblical teaching is integrated with the curriculum in a significant way and your signature(s) indicate your agreement to have your child learn these articles of faith on a daily basis.
Step 2: Review
The Application Package is reviewed by the Administration. If the Application Package is in order and Administration has assessed a capacity to meet student’s EAL needs, you will be presented with a letter of acceptance and registration documents to be completed and returned.
Step 3: Registration
Upon receipt of a letter of acceptance, send the following documents, signed by parent(s) or guardian(s) and the student, to the address on the registration form, within two (2) weeks of receiving the letter of acceptance.
- Completed registration form
- Registration fee of $75 per student, in Canadian dollars and payable to Linden Christian School
- Capital fee of $350 per family, in Canadian dollars and payable to Linden Christian School
- Full tuition fee, in Canadian dollars and payable to Linden Christian School
- Copy of Study Permit, Visa documentation
- Copy of Birth Certificate
Step 4: Arrival in Canada
Upon arrival in Winnipeg, and prior to commencement of studies, students must report to the Admissions Officer to:
- Present his/her original Visa, Study Permit, Birth Certificate
- All international/non-resident students must obtain health insurance to attend school. Registration will not be deemed completed until proof of medical coverage is received by the Admissions Officer. As of September 1, 2018, international students studying in Manitoba are no longer covered by the Manitoba provincial health insurance program.
Tuition Fees: International
Re-registration for students currently enrolled at Linden Christian School takes place in February. Re-registration reserves the student’s place in the school for the following academic year.
Re-Registration – Canadian Students
The re-registration fee of $50 per student, accompanied by the capital fee of $350 and 10 percent of the tuition as a financial commitment toward tuition for the following year, reserves the student’s place in the school. The re-registration fee, capital fee and 10 percent payment are non-refundable.
Re-Registration – International Students
The re-registration fee is $50 per student. Full re-registration fees and 10 percent of total tuition are to be paid immediately upon re-registration and are non-refundable. The capital fee of $350 per family, together with the balance of tuition, are to be paid in full by June 1 (subject to the withdrawal and refund policies).
If acceptance occurs after June 1, the full tuition, full registration/re-registration fees and capital fee of $350 are to be paid immediately upon acceptance. Compliance with this payment plan confirms registration and placement in grade for which student applied. Linden Christian School is unable to “hold” grade spots for students that have not completed the full re-registration requirements by the specified deadline.
At Linden Christian School, we strive to:
- Provide students with tools, knowledge, and opportunities to succeed
- Expose them to extracurricular options so that they can develop new skills
- Give them access to expert instruction and a caring community
- Impart Christian values that will serve as a foundation for purposeful, meaningful lives
Take a virtual tour of the building on our new Admissions site. Visit Early and Middle Years Classrooms, tour our Playscape, Art Room, Sanctuary and new Science Lab.
Forms and Documents